In two hours I will be 29. A number I feared for a long time because it means one last year in my twenties. But as I reflect back on what the Lord has taught me the past year, and really the past two weeks of my life has made turning 29 more of a joy.
He's ordained our days. Teach us to number our breaths, O Lord. He has allowed me to reach 29. He could have just have easily taken my breath away in an instance. But I must say these last years have been an adventure with God and I look forward to adventuring with Him more. And even if this is my last year of life, I strongly believe it would be enough. He's been so gracious to me. He's showed me wonders, miracles even, and He has spoken to me. He hears me. He sees me. And if He allows me to continue on in life, I pray that He continues to speak. But even if I don't hear Him in the years to come, I pray I'm content in knowing He HAS spoken to me and that that alone would be enough for me to worship Him. But oh, how I pray He doesn't stop. Lord, thank you for bringing me into this year. May it be a year marked with adventures with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment