It's hard to believe it's been over two years since I updated this blog. So much has happened since then, it's hard to know where to begin. But He has done great things.
I left Branson, Missouri for starters. I know what you're thinking. She said she was going to work for Klife! As it would turn out God would have much different plans.
In Branson, after the Institute, it was the first time in my life I didn't feel like I had clear direction from the Lord as to where to go next or what to do. Two of my passions are youth and internationals. I debated and cried. I begged God for direction. I knew I just needed to do something. It came down to two choices after rejecting Klife. Do I go back to the Middle East...or do I go to Texas, to pursue a degree in seminary?
I sought counsel. I was scared. He wasn't answering. I knew there was no "wrong choice". But could there have been? I begrudgingly moved to Texas... listening to godly counsel, and gave in to their wisdom. Me of so little faith. Had I known what I knew now...
I came to Texas and walked into an ESL interview to become a teacher thinking all of my college-aged students would be Hispanic (not that there's anything wrong with that). But God knows my heart. He knows what He's called me and gifted me in better than myself. I walked in and the door opened to a young Arab man saying, "Welcome to ----!" The very country in the Middle East I had just rejected. He took me to a place and gave me authority over Arab men, whom had I been in that country, I would never have had the opportunity to look at or speak too, let alone share my life with. From skydiving to bowling to seeing Arab babies born, I am overwhelmed. He is faithful. He is kind.
This summer I was able to go to Lebanon and serve alongside Syrians. I ran along the border of Syria meeting people who would become my brothers and sisters in Christ. I witnessed miracles. I saw healings. I saw salvation. I saw modern day Bible stories being played out in present day time. I was spared being kidnapped. Bombed. I was protected. One mile from a violent group and not a scratch. I am overwhelmed. He is strong. He is mighty. He is faithful. He is kind.
Now I work a job in Texas and using Arabic every single day. I work with Refugees here and get to be the first one to meet them off the plane. I get to be a first friend. I get to pray over their new homes and new lives. I get to enroll their darling children in school. I get to hear their stories and share in their victories and tragedies. I could not have imagined this. The Lord has a plan. Even when I feel as if I can't hear it, He is still working out things for my good.
This is a blog entry just to say Thank you, Lord. In this season of Advent, I sit here in awe. I recognize I was bought with a price, and redeemed for a purpose. Lord, You are faithful. You are good. May this entry serve as an Ebenezer. A reminder of Your mighty love.
I left Branson, Missouri for starters. I know what you're thinking. She said she was going to work for Klife! As it would turn out God would have much different plans.
In Branson, after the Institute, it was the first time in my life I didn't feel like I had clear direction from the Lord as to where to go next or what to do. Two of my passions are youth and internationals. I debated and cried. I begged God for direction. I knew I just needed to do something. It came down to two choices after rejecting Klife. Do I go back to the Middle East...or do I go to Texas, to pursue a degree in seminary?
I sought counsel. I was scared. He wasn't answering. I knew there was no "wrong choice". But could there have been? I begrudgingly moved to Texas... listening to godly counsel, and gave in to their wisdom. Me of so little faith. Had I known what I knew now...
I came to Texas and walked into an ESL interview to become a teacher thinking all of my college-aged students would be Hispanic (not that there's anything wrong with that). But God knows my heart. He knows what He's called me and gifted me in better than myself. I walked in and the door opened to a young Arab man saying, "Welcome to ----!" The very country in the Middle East I had just rejected. He took me to a place and gave me authority over Arab men, whom had I been in that country, I would never have had the opportunity to look at or speak too, let alone share my life with. From skydiving to bowling to seeing Arab babies born, I am overwhelmed. He is faithful. He is kind.
This summer I was able to go to Lebanon and serve alongside Syrians. I ran along the border of Syria meeting people who would become my brothers and sisters in Christ. I witnessed miracles. I saw healings. I saw salvation. I saw modern day Bible stories being played out in present day time. I was spared being kidnapped. Bombed. I was protected. One mile from a violent group and not a scratch. I am overwhelmed. He is strong. He is mighty. He is faithful. He is kind.
Now I work a job in Texas and using Arabic every single day. I work with Refugees here and get to be the first one to meet them off the plane. I get to be a first friend. I get to pray over their new homes and new lives. I get to enroll their darling children in school. I get to hear their stories and share in their victories and tragedies. I could not have imagined this. The Lord has a plan. Even when I feel as if I can't hear it, He is still working out things for my good.
This is a blog entry just to say Thank you, Lord. In this season of Advent, I sit here in awe. I recognize I was bought with a price, and redeemed for a purpose. Lord, You are faithful. You are good. May this entry serve as an Ebenezer. A reminder of Your mighty love.
No comments:
Post a Comment