People keep telling me i'm crazy. I probably am. They say this job will be hard. Yeah, it probably will be. But at least I know two things: God didn't design me for easy. and He never promised I would have to do it on my own. So here goes...
I decided to do KLife. It would seem that He's wired me for ministry. Tried to get out of it. Heck I applied for everything other than ministry. But as doors closed He kept bringing me back in my mind to my call when I was 14. Reminding me, albeit unwillingly to listen, that He has called me to a very specific purpose. That purpose is to make Him known. I was terrified to hear His voice then. Still am. But grateful that He speaks all the same.
That afterall, was the only vision statement I could come up with at Kanakuk. Just repeating Paul in Acts when he basically writes out his vision statement which says, "I count my life NOTHING. No profit to me EXCEPT that I might finish the course of ministry that the Lord has given me, to make known the Gospel of GRACE". so here goes... proclaim til I have no more breath will be the theme of my song.
So in light of KLife. One of my heroes and mentors wrote this. I found this to fit right into my new job description:
“When he came to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were afraid of him, not believing that he really was a disciple.” (Acts 9:26)
“As soon as Paul yielded to God’s call, things immediately got worse.” A Work of Heart by Reggie McNeal
The doubt and indecision that immediately filled my heart was almost too overwhelming. My thoughts were filled with distractions that said,” there is an easier way of going about this and you need to consider other avenues that would be less costly to you and those close to you. Then, this morning in my QT, He made me aware of what the cost would be in agreeing with Him about walking into the, “heart of the beast,” and challenging others to do the same. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that the vision He so graciously gave me years ago would lead to this. So, my dear brother’s and sister’s let us encourage each other in the days ahead to not be deceived by the evil one’s distractions to take the easy road to lostness, but take on the full armor of God and walk Jesus in the assurance of His presence no matter how dark things may become or seem to be.
Let us respond to His call with obedience knowing that we are in this together with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment