So September 23rd will be my final day at work. I will most likely cry. Everyone knows now and that day will be set aside for playing, games, and a goodbye party. It's going to be an emotional day. Although it's had it's tough times and lots of stress and pressure I have loved it. I have loved it so so much. I can't imagine what life will be like back in America with out this job, without these co-workers who are like family, and without my girls. Everyone keeps asking, "when will you be back?" The coaches ask if I'll return after my masters. My girls ask if I can come back after 3 days. haha. I hate to leave them. But am so thankful to God for this season of my life.
Among other news in the sporting world, it looks like the head coach is pregnant! At least that's what she told me a few days ago. But today would be the day she'll take the test. I hope to be able to buy her baby clothes before I leave!
Also, we have two new coaches from Germany who I absolutely love. They don't speak English but coached 3 years as Syria's head coaches so we communicate through Arabic. But I love it. And I love them. Both of them are very good coaches and I'm already learning so much more from them as well as my Romanian co-workers. The only coach I feel uncomfortable around is Ustz Salaam's brother. He is new. He coached with Salaam for Iraq's National Team for a while before coming here (he's Iraqi). And he's already proposed to me twice. And it's gotten worse since he knows I'm leaving in 1 month. I guess he thinks if he tries hard enough I'll eventually say yes. I told him, as nicely as I could, to go to the US Embassy and enter his name into the lottery that allows refugees to go to America. I didn't get the impression he loved that idea. oh well.
9 more days of Ramadan. And it's been one of Jordan's hottest summers in many years. Making this Ramadan especially hard for those millions fasting from water 14-15 hours a day. I know they are all counting down for the Eid, a week long holiday at the end of Ramadan. But before this Eid, comes the Night of Power--the night Allah revealed the K'ran to Mohammad (peace be upon him). So for many here, they are praying that Allah too, will reveal himself to them. I actually think this day falls on my dad's birthday.
ok this is turning out to be the longest post ever. i'll stop and save my drama for another time.
I love it when you blog. I look for it every every day. Your long one did not disappoint. You are a wonderful descriptive writer and KEEP IT UP! I LOVE YOU
ReplyDelete