I am so ready for Thanksgiving! Not that Arabs celebrate the American holiday but mainly because Eid will begin the next day which means HOLIDAY!!! I'll have 5 days of rest and possibly a little diving in the Red Sea if this weather warms up at all [and if i get over my fear of sharks! ah!]. People tell me Aqaba is a lot warmer....but I don't do well in any kind of cold. Good thing I moved to the Middle East and not Russia! Brrrrrrr....
Thursday, November 19, 2009
GoodBye Warm Weather, I will Miss you
It's that time of year again. Where the weather has changed to winter and I get my annual dose of broncitis. This year has been especially bad in the fact that I've lost my voice for an entire week and the added factor that EVERYONE smokes here. Granted only one of those days my voice was completely gone.I couldn't even tell a taxi driver how to get home and had to use arm signals. hahaha. But I still "sound like a man" according to my little athletes. But man, they keep me laughing. And although I've been coughing up a storm and they all think I have H1N1, they still want to hang off of me like little monkeys when I'm least expecting it. Thanks, kiddos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love you my sweet daughter. I love reading your blog. You make me laugh. Happy thanksgiving week- we'll skype on thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete