So today I prayed a selfish prayer. My iPod had crashed and I ordered a new one online that said it would be shipped out and arrive by the end of the day monday to my hands! Gosh...life without music...hard. Anyways, it was monday, around noon and we had exactly 5 minutes left before my mom and i would drive to the beach to meet up with the rest of the fam. So, I went outside to load my clothes in the back of the SUV and prayed, "Lord, i know this is slightly ridiculous but it would be so nice of you if my iPod would arrive within the next 5 minutes". And wouldn't you know I said "Amen" just in time to hear a huge UPS truck pull up to my drive and hand me my iPod. He has a great sense of humor and a reminder that His timing is always perfect!
But even now, as I pray for certain requests, remembering how quickly He answered that one, it is still difficult to trust Him with the things I'm "waiting for". I guess it's frustrating in a sense that I know He could tell me the wheres, whens, and hows of what I'm suppose to do/apply for in a split second. But then, I wouldn't be learning the art of waiting upon Him. Matter of fact, I'd probably take the fact that He has a plan for my life for granted. And now I'm clinging to that promise like it's the field with the hidden treasure.
so until i get those answers that He's waiting to reveal to me (and to us), I'll just keep praying, Lord, let Your Kingdom come in my life and in this world. And keep pressing on towards the prize. And prayerfully, will keep my eyes on the cross and what was paid there that ended up flipping my world upside down for the better.
Praying for you all too, as we all seem to be waiting on something.
No comments:
Post a Comment