Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Acts 17:26-28

"I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize the Lord is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine. It makes no matter where He places me, or how. That is rather for Him to consider than for me; for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult, His grace is sufficient"-Hudson Taylor,

So in this season of life, here in little ole Auburn, Alabama, I have no idea what's next. But i take great encouragement from Hudson Taylor, one of China's very first missionary. And believe, that it doesn't matter where God places me or how, for His grace is sufficient in it all. Althought it was unclear before, I now see, as my sweet daddy always reminds me, "katie, the goal in your life is to work yourself out of a job. you share until everyone's heard. and then you move on. you don't have to be called to one particular place, cause like Paul, your line of work requires to go where the lost is". So here I'm in Auburn. And wouldn't you know it, He has provided me friends from Saudi Arabia, Iran, Korea, and sweet Mexico. Not to mention my dear new American friends and family. I love love love that He's brought the nations to us.

In short. Although I don't know particulars, it's so good to cling to what is truth and what I do know. Banking on the promises of God. I know I'm called to go. I know He'll go with me and before me. And I know that because He's obviously not finished with me (or i'd be dead), that He does have plans. So I guess, for now, I'll just plan on striving to be obedient and to fix my eyes on the One on the Throne-the prize.

He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.' -Acts 17

2 comments:

  1. Katie! We need to catch up soon - I want to hear about everything that's going on! I love your Hudson Taylor quote. So weird... there were several quotes and stories about him in my Bible Study last week. We're reading Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. Would you mind if I shared your thoughts with my Bible Study group next week? I know they would be encouraged by them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AG! Miss you! when are you able to roadtrip it the 2 hours down here to see me! we should totally have an afternoon together! and of course i don't mind :). love you too.

    ReplyDelete