So here's my most recent "culture experience":
I was invited to a sports banquet hosted by former King Hussein's brother, Prince Hasan (or King Abdullah's bro). In any event, Princess Rahma, Prince Hasan's daughter, was there and as always, gracious as ever to those involved with the gymnastics federation.
In any event, this occasion had a high amount of security due to the four members of the royal family present which obviously makes sense. So it was required everyone bring their invitation as proof that they were actually legit invites.
So I get to the King Hussein's Club where the banquet was and was greeted by soldiers. Showed them my invite and they let me through. Check.
I thought that was it.
So I keep walking...
But I hear the other gymnastics coaches all of a sudden yell, "Katie, Ta3ely! (come here)". So I figured it was some important person I had to meet. So I walked up to people dressed in normal attire and greeted them and introduced myself and shook hands. Then I noticed everyone was laughing. Finally I realized what I had done. I had shaken hands with the guards who were assigned to the next role of security to frisk people. So basically I was like, "Hi, I'm Katie" to the people who frisk you.
AWKWARD.
but I did get to laugh about it for a good long while and occasionally I'd remember it during the Prince's speech and would start laughing. Whoops.........
funny! i probably would have done the same thing. lets talk on skype soon. isaac is getting so big!
ReplyDelete